Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I started MLQ last night....

I stitched some of the green in her skirt & then went to add the lighter shade of "peach" & it didn't show up on my fabric (32 ct Antique Ivory) AT ALL. I then spent the next hour trying several different shades of threads & didn't like most of them. :-( I ended up using WDW Red Pear for the lighter shade & GAST Baked Apple for the darker. I haven't done any of the blue or brown, but I think it will be fine now. I am also going to use a "peach tone" for her skin, possibly CC Rosy Glow, we'll see. Here is a pic of my big start....

Hopefully it will be okay with the other colors... we'll see tonight!

So, did you start stitching & how much did you get done? :-)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful start and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you are using on your My Lady's Quaker! I too experimented with colors as the lightest peach didn't want to show for me. This is really looking pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours Amy, I love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colors you chose against that fabric. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start Amy! Your thread colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete